Monday, March 1, 2010

It's Tough to Find Creative Time


Lately I’ve been having trouble getting to my art. Work, houseguests, teaching classes, exercising and the Olympics have gotten in the way. Everyday I think I’m going to get up, get caught up and then get out to the studio for some serious creative time. Every night I climb into bed thinking, another day and I didn’t make it to the studio.

Yesterday my good friend and her lovely mom came over for breakfast. We were walking around my studio looking at some of the pieces I am working on, when Rose, my buddies mom said, “I always think I’m going to get to my art, but the dishes and the laundry get first priority.”

Oh my, that’s what I’ve been doing! Letting work and mundane chores get in the way of creating. So I made a decision this morning to set aside studio time three times a week. Work and the dishes – they don’t feed my soul; my artwork does. It’s so easy to get sidetracked and it’s possible to get back at it. So I’m gonna.

I’ll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment